We had lunch with my friends Linda and Craig and they had made them.
I have also put a couple of our "getting ready to sell shots". We have decided to sell our current house and not rent it out. So it is all looking good.
Recipe type: Dessert
- 1 cup unsalted butter (softened)
- ¾ cups granulated sugar
- 1½ cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup ground almonds
- 1½ teaspoon loose-leaf chai tea (ground)
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon ground cardamom
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 40 whole blanched almonds
- Pre-heat oven to 350 F.
- Cream together butter and sugar for around 1 minute until they are very well combined and light and fluffy. In a separate bowl, mix flour, almonds, chai tea, baking powder, baking soda, cardamom, ginger, cinnamon, cloves and salt. Add to butter/sugar mixture in 3 even batches until dough is well combined.
- My dough was very dry and crumbly (maybe our dry Calgary air?), so I also added a few tablespoons of water until it formed a crumbly, but roll-able dough.
- Roll into 1 tbsp sized balls and place on baking sheet, 2 inches apart. Gently press a blanched almond into the cookie.
- Bake for approximately 12 minutes until cookies are slightly golden around the bottom edge. Cool on baking sheet for several minutes, then transfer to a wire rack.