Monday, April 29, 2013

Super prepared - making Xmas Presents

Childs cooking apron, apron
Finished. 
Well I have started the mission that is called the Christmas Present List. Tick off the second. (The first was some zip pouches). Last year I made my first apron from an Op Shop (Charity Shop) man's shirt. A lot of kids that I have among my group of friends have admired it. So I decided that it totally fits my ethos for Christmas presents.
1. Does not take too long
2. Is not expensive (I got this shirt for $1)
3. Utilises what I have on hand
4. Is useful
So I am now going to Op Shops with this present in mind. I sewed this one in the hour while waiting for dinner to cook. I have one more cut and ready to go. Should finish it tonight. I love getting things on my list actually completed!

To keep it looking good I would have used Red bias on the edges and for the ties, but I did not have any in my stocks and I want to use what I have rather than go shopping.
upcycled, recycled
The shirt getting chopped - use a sleeve to make a pocket

Adding a bit of trim to give it pizazz














I link to these places.

12 comments:

  1. What a great idea ~ I love it! ~ Linne

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is an adorable idea! I have several of my hubby's shirts that I was planning to either use for quilting or making teddy bears, but now I'm thinking "aprons" would be so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute! I love the red ric rac :) Great upcycle!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great project!Thanks for sharing!
    Have a wonderful day!
    Hugs from Portugal,

    Ana Love Craft
    www.lovecraft2012.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi - I'm your newest follower from Find a Friend Friday! Your blog is cute! I hope you can visit me at my blog and follow back. I like your work!

    Charity - http://humboldtcherry.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Visiting you right now. Thanks for letting me know.

      Delete
  6. Hi I saw the picture of your Refashion from shirt to apron in Sew Many Ways linky part and came straight to your blog. I love your new apron!!! What a nice idea!. I also like your blog and this is why, with me today you have a new follower. I follow you via GFC, and bloglovin.

    I invite you to visit my blog and if you like my creations, I invite you to join
    my followers.Nice to meet you!
    Marisa from
    http://passionetcouture.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marisa. Thanks so much for the positive comments. Am popping over to your blog now.

      Delete
  7. Good Afternoon Karen, This is a fabulous idea. Like you, I plan my Christmas gifts early, so that I can make as many gifts as possible. My daughter asked me to make her an apron and this is perfect.... I love it.
    I have really enjoyed my visit so I have become a new follower.
    I would like to invite you to visit me at Ivy, Phyllis and Me! as you will be most welcome.
    Oh yes, before I go I found you at Sew Many Ways.
    Have a lovely day,
    Best Wishes from England
    Daphne

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous idea... easy to make and so practical!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by. I love that you took time out to comment on my blog.

A gorgeous break in Rarotonga

Woo hoo, A holiday with no kids for 11 days. Bliss, relaxing and warm! BTW it was an early 20th wedding anniversary present to ourselves....