Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Lots on the go..

Well I am procrastinating by writing this blog post as I should be writing some Job Descriptions. In spite of that I have been very busy.
Strange photo to put on I know. But this is some beading board that I am undercoating. Yes I am painting again. I feel as though I have been painting for the last 14 months (which I have on and off). It has saved us money on our Earthquake claim (as their cost is definitely lower the actual cost) as intended but it does take time!
I have been making fondant decorations for something edible for Valentines Day. I figured that while I was not working much that I could put a bit of effort into that day. We have never observed Valentines here in our house so it will be a first. 
random patchwork blocks
Over the last three nights I have put more blocks together and made two more borders for the orphan block quilt that I started here.
Angora wool
When I have been too tired to concentrate or have been watching the Winter Olympics then I have been knitting this. I started while camping on the Molesworth Station. This is a rabbit wool and incredibly soft and amazing, but sheds like crazy. I am going to follow the trend and make a cowl. This wool was a jersey that I bought at an Op Shop (Charity Shop) and unpicked, washed and rewound it.

Last night I knitted a bit of this. It has been on the needles for over a year. I am using my stash of homespun wool that has been spun and dyed by my mum. It is a Kaffe Fasset pattern and quite slow to knit. Major concentration is needed as each row is different, so I only knit it occasionally as I can't watch TV or anything else while doing it.



8 comments:

  1. Lots on the go indeed! Something different for every type of spare minute :) Looking forward to seeing how they all pan out :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow you are busy! lots of interesting projects there :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The rabbit wool sounds amazing. I love super soft things :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh! So many beautiful things on the go I don't know where to start! The quilt is looking lovely..the rustic country colours have always had a special place in my heart :) and rabbit wool is so divine! what a great find and how glorious that is going to feel wrapped around you in the cold months. And then your last knit will look amazing when its finished.....it already does now and it's super special that you are using your mums homespun :) Also if you hadn't mentioned valentines day I would have forgotten! We never celebrate it here too.....good to see you're making the effort :))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rabbit wool? Is that an angora? I remember having jerseys made for me from that as a kid :) Lovely and soft, but they always tickled the nose with loose fibres

    ReplyDelete
  6. ooh! I can't wait to see more of your orphan block quilt! It looks so bright and cheery!

    Thank you so much for sharing this at Needle and Thread Thursday!

    :) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your fondant decorations look luscious! And the knitting is so soft and pretty. Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rabbit wool sounds amazing, must be so super-soft if our bunny is anything to go by!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by. I love that you took time out to comment on my blog.

A gorgeous break in Rarotonga

Woo hoo, A holiday with no kids for 11 days. Bliss, relaxing and warm! BTW it was an early 20th wedding anniversary present to ourselves....