Monday, January 11, 2016

Joining the 2016 Finish-A-Long

2016 FAL


I have so many things that I have started and not finished in the last few years that when Fluffy Sheep Quilting decided, with the assistance of others, to host a finishing year - I had to join in,

I started taking photographs yesterday and just found more and more projects - sigh!! So I have tried to be realistic about what my get finished for the first quarter and here they are.
I have a scrap quilt that I have been making for ages. Here are some of the randomly sewn pieces I have yet to join on. This will be for the orphanage at Hope Homes International.  
This quilt has been sitting here for ages, all ready to quilt but a wee bit stuck on how to do it. So it got parked. Time to un-park it! 
I started this over two years ago. A quilt made from old pajamas. It was meant to be finished for the caravan for this season. But camping season is half way through and I have still not gotten it done. It is also sitting on the floor of my sewing room, so needs to be done and out of the way. 
I finished my first hat upcycled from linen shirts. I enthusiastically cut the next one out, but that is it. Again with summer half over it needs to be worn and used. 
Loving making a traditional quilt from new materials. But don't want it to become yet another parked project, so it is on the list.
These shirts are meant to be turned into a colour block shift dress. I have had them selected and sitting on my "to do" shelf for three years!!! Have drafted the pattern, need to sew.
Finally I have two quilted blocks I was going to make into zip purses. But the proportion is wrong. Need to fix it and get it done!!!

2 comments:

  1. Good job!! You can do it!! Thanks for visiting at my blog too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like an interesting list of projects to finish! I went over mine yesterday (during our first big winter storm) - and need to get going on a plan to finish as well!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by. I love that you took time out to comment on my blog.

A gorgeous break in Rarotonga

Woo hoo, A holiday with no kids for 11 days. Bliss, relaxing and warm! BTW it was an early 20th wedding anniversary present to ourselves....