Sunday, April 11, 2010

I like to ride my bicycle

This is an ode to my father-in-law. He is a retired engineer and a fantastic handy person. Able to fix anything, trouble shoot it, mend it, wire it, weld it. I spouted my desire to ride my bike again. ( the Doctors having limited the exercise I can do - but they did say I could still bike). So I had asked if Warwick would fix my old bike up as my birthday present.

Well my birthday came early. It arrived  back after a few weeks, new tires and rims from some other bike that was hanging around. And today I rode it!!! On I got and off I went - well almost. I really wanted Morris to sit in the basket and go with me. But he would not. the next dog I get will start riding in the basked from a puppy!. I also forgot about needing to re warn your bottom that you were getting on a bike.

In spite of all that I had a wonderful time and now cannot comprehend how it has taken so long for me to get back into biking.

Jakob and I rode down to Pines Beach and back. We met Aaron and Eli (with Eli's bike) and they madly rode the BMX track. Then home again. It was fantastic. 4/5 th's of the way is on a dedicated bike track so you do not need to compete with the traffic going 100km.

Fantastic - i want to join Frocks on Bikes now!!!

1 comment:

  1. YAY! Great present and good for you getting back into it. I'm sure your bottom will forgive you eventually. :) x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by. I love that you took time out to comment on my blog.

A gorgeous break in Rarotonga

Woo hoo, A holiday with no kids for 11 days. Bliss, relaxing and warm! BTW it was an early 20th wedding anniversary present to ourselves....