Tuesday, April 5, 2011

What else can you do with blackboy peaches?

I have managed to bottle 20 jars of black boy peaches. I have learnt from previous attempts that it makes aweful jam. So I struck the thought of making black boy peach sauce (like tomatoe or plum sauce).
While making it I was disappointed as it was sharp and not tasty. Added a bit of brown sugar to the recipe and by the time it was all blended together it was yum. We had to have fish and chips for tea to make sure that it would be useful. Very happy with the result.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by. I love that you took time out to comment on my blog.

A gorgeous break in Rarotonga

Woo hoo, A holiday with no kids for 11 days. Bliss, relaxing and warm! BTW it was an early 20th wedding anniversary present to ourselves....