Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Mad or superwoman

I just can't decide what I was the other morning. But by the time the kids left for school I had made a batch of Louise Cake and a batch of Hokey Pokey biscuits!!

I had a comment on my blog recently from a lady whose blog title is "Supermum no cape", What a great title.

Over the last couple of weeks I have been a bit stressed and not keeping up with some stuff - one of which was baking for lunches. So I either don't do it or go over the top at the moment!!!

Anyway - why has no one told me about Hokey Pokey biscuits before? They are so amazingly super easy and super fast to make. This is a fantastic recipe for the busy household.

From the Edmonds cook book

Hokey Pokey biscuits (taste a little like the inside of crunchy bars)
125g butter
1/2 cup sugar
1 Tablespoon golden syrup
1 Tablespoon milk
Put all these into a pot. Heat until butter is melted and mixture nearly boiling, stirring constantly. Take off the heat and sift into pot
1 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda.
Stir well. Put teaspoon sized dollops onto a lined tray. Flatten slightly depending on how thin or thick you like your biscuits (I did not flatten much). Bake 180o C for 15 - 20 mins or until golden brown. (I cooked 18 mins)

3 comments:

  1. I can tell you what you are. You are spider woman. I think you must have 8 arms and legs the things you manage to accomplish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Karen, a great recipe. I've been hearing things about this Edmonds Cookbook all my life and been meaning to buy a copy. One of these days. In the meantime, you keep posting the recipes. I've featured this one at tomorrow's Thriving on Thursday. Thanks for linking up.

    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by. I love that you took time out to comment on my blog.

A gorgeous break in Rarotonga

Woo hoo, A holiday with no kids for 11 days. Bliss, relaxing and warm! BTW it was an early 20th wedding anniversary present to ourselves....