Saturday, May 18, 2013

My go to quilting carry all

The outside of my go to bag

The inside with all the bits held in place
I have had a bag of Selveges hanging around for ages. I cut them off as they are good to show people how to colour blend. But I also love the funk of selvedge items. When I go out and about quilting I always dump everything into the bag that has the big mat in it. Now all is in order (except I have realised that I do not have a measuring tape in that lot) and I can just pick it up and go.

I used the same material for the lining that I used for my travelling iron. Nothing like a matching set! This was almost finished a week ago and it has taken me that long to get the last bits done.


The set together - my bits and my iron

All ready to travel

11 comments:

  1. Really cute. I love working with selvages.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet! That's really nice! I just toss all my junk in whatever bag I find. Should probably work a little harder at it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need one of these! What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a clever idea... love the selvages.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lesson: NEVER THROW ANYTHING AWAY!! :-)
    I have been keeping my selvedges for a while, but don't have enough for a quilt top yet (the original plan). This bag would be perfect for me, as I carry my handstitching, crochet and knitting to my Aunty's on the second floor, then back up here to Mum's on the ninth (where I'm semi-permanently 'couch-surfing' for now). I've been using grocery store ecological bags, but the tools often work their way to the bottom. I'll have to dig out my edges when I get the chance . . . thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. can't wait to see what you do. Make sure you blog it.

      Delete
  6. I have a plastic bag FULL of selvedges
    One day I may actually get around to using them
    Fantastic use of 'scrap'

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a great way to use selvedges...and very fitting to use in a sewing bag....I have a huge one like your's I made many years ago....one day I'll get around to updating it :))

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like it alot - especially the use of selvedges! one more thing I can do with my growing collection :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great idea to keep your selvedges.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by. I love that you took time out to comment on my blog.

A gorgeous break in Rarotonga

Woo hoo, A holiday with no kids for 11 days. Bliss, relaxing and warm! BTW it was an early 20th wedding anniversary present to ourselves....