Monday, January 6, 2014

Lots of time to stitch

We have come home from 9 days in Central Otago on holiday over the New Year. Now that is one place where heat and sunshine are guaranteed right. Well you would be wrong. We did get some warm days and some sun but we also had a lot of rain. Which meant the river kept going up and then making it either too cold or too swift for swimming.
Back stitch
 So I got quite a lot of time to stitch. I have been working on these stitcheries which are some of the memory verses that the boys had to learn at school this year. I decided to stitch some of the ones that struck a cord with me and then turn them into a quilt. Not sure yet whether I will use the quilt for fundraising if the school has something that the kids need to raise money for, or whether to give it to the boys. As it is no where near finished it is not something I need to dwell on at the moment.
The boys and Aaron did a lot of this.

3 comments:

  1. Love that you're stitching these up! Such peaceful colors! Your family is preciou!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a relaxing holiday. Hand stitching is always nice to take away with you. Nice to find another Kiwi blogger too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is going to be a great quilt! Can't wait to see your progress!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by. I love that you took time out to comment on my blog.

A gorgeous break in Rarotonga

Woo hoo, A holiday with no kids for 11 days. Bliss, relaxing and warm! BTW it was an early 20th wedding anniversary present to ourselves....