Monday, November 24, 2014

The quilts have made it to Africa

Yay - finally all the quilts that I parceled up have gotten to the orphanage just outside El Dorat in Kenya. The older girls have started choosing their quilts and they have named them "forever quilts" as this is the first thing they have to keep forever, even when they leave to study or get married.
Charity quilting
Getting them to Kenya was expensive and rather stressful as the Kenyan border kept them in holding for two weeks and we were very concerned about the spiraling cost. 
When shipping them I almost gave up as but thanks to everyone who prayed and helped. Now the look on these faces makes my heart sing. 

3 comments:

  1. Simply wonderful karen - well done all of you for creating forever treasured memories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh bless you, look how happy they look!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think I've ever been prouder of my wife. What an achievement - the culmination of a 4 year project!
    Well done Karen! Love, Aaron.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by. I love that you took time out to comment on my blog.

A gorgeous break in Rarotonga

Woo hoo, A holiday with no kids for 11 days. Bliss, relaxing and warm! BTW it was an early 20th wedding anniversary present to ourselves....