Sunday, March 8, 2015

I have to pack my stash

Well we move in two weeks. I am meant to be packing the house up. So that means I have to pack my stash. Now my stash is not quite the ordinary crafter's stash. It is piles and piles of clothing from the second hand store.
All the seams cut, just a few to go
The problem with packing it is that I get inspired and as I have packed all my current projects I just had to start another. My thought was that if it was started it would be far less bulky to pack. I decided to sew another "fluffy"quilt. Out came all the old pyjamas and the cutting began. I took off the buttons (very useful for other projects) and took off all tags(as I have yet another idea re what to do about them) and cut all seams off.
The tags and buttons - oooh another project to start!
So with Aaron away the boys and I were to have a quiet weekend. 1.30pm in the afternoon and I was on the sofa (yes for those who know me that means I am still in my nightie), Jakob in his dressing gown and only Eli dressed.
The rolls of material ready to go, with a bit of supervision from Morris.
Then we get a call "I am parked outside your house can I come in and look at it please?" Oh my stars. I had to confess to being in my nightie and asked for five minutes. They pottered off to an open home and we got 20 minutes. My goodness the boys have the routine of getting the house ready and then skedadaling really well. In 20 minutes I had a shower and got dressed, loaded the dishdrawer, sorted the garage, folded washing. The boys vacuumed, made beds, pulled curtains, opened window and then were off on their scooters.

Now I am ready to start cutting and sewing I think I may have seriously run out of time.!!
Linking to these places

5 comments:

  1. Of course you need to start another project if all your WIPs are packed away! I can totally relate. Good luck with selling your house to an appreciative buyer, and good luck with packing and moving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for having things down pat! Well done you and hope the next few weeks go smoothly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh dear - what a rush with you still in your nighty! Best of luck with the move - thay are very stressfull!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fancy getting caught out in your nightie! I think that may have happened to many of us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Giggling just imagining and totally in awe at what you achieved in 20 minutes! Good luck with the move - Chris :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by. I love that you took time out to comment on my blog.

A gorgeous break in Rarotonga

Woo hoo, A holiday with no kids for 11 days. Bliss, relaxing and warm! BTW it was an early 20th wedding anniversary present to ourselves....