Friday, July 1, 2016

A finished noughts and crosses quilt

 I have been concentrating on completing this quilt. I am not good at finishing but am fantastic at starting. 
noughts and crosses pattern
Once I decided that this quilt was going to be mine and not given away I got a bit more inspired. All last term I studied and found that really hard not having time to sew. But it only took half an hour or so for a block, so I started by just doing a block on a night I had time. 

A block turns into a quilt and then it was put together. I finished my exam so it was time to sandwich and quilt it all. None of these photos really show the quilting as I used red on red and grey on grey. But there is some half inch crosshatching and then some squiggles.


 I was stuck with what quilt around the border, so you can see some writing as I quilted the prayer of Aaron : Numbers 6: 24-26 "The Lord bless you and keep you; The Lord make his face shine on you and be gracious to you; The Lord turn his face toward you and give you peace."

In amongst all of this we have had the most awful flu go through us. Aaron and I got it from Eli. Terrible temperatures and sick for quite a few days, then turning into an awful cough. My sister in law was so lovely and left a care package. My sister was amazing and really helped me the day we had to call an ambulance. Wonderful to have such fantastic family around.

Linking to these places. and crazy mum quilts.

2 comments:

  1. The quilt is beautiful--I love those grays and reds! But my goodness! call an ambulance for the flu? You guys must have been more than miserable, especially with everyone sick at once. Poor Eli, it sounds as though he was miserable and then couldn't be cared for very much once it got passed around. At least you had a very pretty, cheerful quilt to snuggle under. Just be sure to toss it in the washing machine and chase out the flu ickies! Besides, clean, crisp quilts are the very best!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by. I love that you took time out to comment on my blog.

A gorgeous break in Rarotonga

Woo hoo, A holiday with no kids for 11 days. Bliss, relaxing and warm! BTW it was an early 20th wedding anniversary present to ourselves....