Saturday, November 19, 2016

Scrappy zip boxy pouch

   Zip pouch, patchwork
Sometime in my surgery and recovery I have lost my makeup purse. I know that when packing for the hospital I decided to put it in a safe place as I would not need it till I went back to work. I am good at safe places so I still cannot find it, it is that safe! So I raided my scrap bag.
I decided to quilt it prior to assembly. I follow a lovely lady called Tiina on her blog Tilkunviilaaja. She makes the most amazing zip pouches with incredible quilting. I am trying to expand my quilting repertoire so decided to tightly quilt it. 
A few swirls and some wave like patterns and I was ready to make it into a box pouch.
Pleased with the little project and having it completed an refilled.
Linking to these places and Crazy Mum Quilts.



3 comments:

  1. The quilting looks really nice and the fabric makes me smile. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your selection of fabric Karen. Just perfect. Thanks for linking up to Thriving on Thursdays. Always lovely to hear from you.

    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, this is just lovely! And I am so flattered that you mentioned me as your inspiration. Thank you so much! I'm glad that you have felt inspired. Your quilting looks great!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by. I love that you took time out to comment on my blog.

A gorgeous break in Rarotonga

Woo hoo, A holiday with no kids for 11 days. Bliss, relaxing and warm! BTW it was an early 20th wedding anniversary present to ourselves....