In my last post I showed a scrap quilt made of my big bag of strips. Thrilled that the patchwork was finished, I completed a blog post. The next day I found a pile more strips from that same scrap bag that in my sorting I had put elsewhere.
So all inspired, I thought I should crack on and get all the scraps used.
I sewed them as before but into a long oblong that when folded in half created two squares. Then I put the squares right side together,. sewed it as though I was doing half square triangles.
And I got it wrong!!! I wanted the stripes going the opposite way.
So a bit of unpicking and some resewing and I ended up with a different pattern.
I had seen this on someone else's blog but can't remember whose. If I find it then I will add the details to this post.
In the spirit of using every single one of my scrap strips I then sewed the remainder around as borders. It still needs to be a little bit bigger. So as I cut things wrong in the next few months I will add them on to finish the quilt. So another quilt for Hope Homes International. And a finish enough that this can go into the cupboard until later.
Linking to these places and crazy mum quilts.